Saturday 5 May 2012

Room- Emma Donoghue






-
Room is an original and thought provoking book. Told from the point of view of five year old Jack, who lives with his mother in a Room. Describes the events of his life in graphic detail so simply and innocently that the impact is terrifying. This is not a book that we 'enjoyed', but we felt it is a book worth reading. Thought provoking and, in the light of recent news stories, completely plausible. A few events were a little ‘far fetched.

Overall, we would recommend to a friend.

2 comments:

LH said...

I loved this book, thought it was fascinating. A very good read, would recommend.

Pauline said...

This is the first book for me with 50% Sue Page Turners and is not the usual genre that I read. On the whole I enjoyed this book but I felt the ending was a bit rushed.